As soon as I hit publish on last year’s inaugural edition of the Autograph University Yearbook I was looking forward to the 2013 edition. Why? I knew once people read the entertaining and emotional stories submitted by fellow members of the autograph community they’d want to get involved. I can’t thank enough the collectors who stepped up and participated in the 2012 Yearbook. They helped lay the foundation for what is going to be a monster publication this year. But to make it happen I need YOUR help.
I want your story for the 2013 Yearbook.
We all have a tale to tell, whether it’s a memorable celebrity encounter or a multi-signed piece you spent years finishing. To be a part of this amazing project email me a few paragraphs about something autograph-related you’d like to share with the community. Some ideas:
- A favorite autograph adventure
- The story behind acquiring a favorite item(s) in your collection
- Why you collect autographs and love the hobby
- “What I learned” about autographs (tips, etc.)
Submissions will be included unedited (except for typos.) The 2013 Yearbook will be distributed in June as an eBook and will be free to download.
- Submissions will be accepted until May 11. Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your submission should be as long as it needs to be (although 100 – 500 words is recommended).
- Have a picture? Send it along and I’ll try to include it (layout has yet to be finalized).
- Include your Name and the Contact Information you’d like to appear with your entry (e.g., email, Twitter handle, website URL).
I’m so excited about this and I hope you’ll be a part of it.