I’m often asked by readers for tips on framing their collection and I reply with basic guidelines such as “use an acid-free mat” and “avoid direct light”, but an expert I am not. So I found one.
In this interview with Jake Johnston from Big Picture Framing, we discuss best practices for framing your autographed photos and jerseys. Jake offers insight on how to create beautiful framed pieces that last a lifetime:
- How to choose the right glass to keep your autograph from fading
- Why matting is critical to the preservation of your piece
- Which type of “acid-free” matting is safest for your item
- What to look for in a ready-made frame if custom framing isn’t in your budget
- The best technique for framing jerseys